If there are any specific topics you would like covered in this publication, please forward your suggestions to Adare Human Resources Management:
- Employment Case Law – each month we review a number of interesting employment law cases and consider their implications for organisations. This month we look at Safety Representatives and Consultation in the Workplace. Read more >>>
- Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) Decisions – each month we look at and review the decisions from the WRC. This provides a valuable insight into the types of discrimination cases before the WRC and the decisions that are issued. Read more >>>
- What to Keep an Eye Out For – what is new, changing, potentially changing or what you may have missed. Read more >>>
The Workplace Relations Commission issued its 2018 Annual Report earlier this year which included a number of noteworthy key metrics for Organisations to consider.
In 2018, the WRC recorded:
- 15,451 specific complaints received with the highest percentage relating to pay (27%) and working time (13%);
- 7,724 adjudication complaint files received;
- 5,312 adjudication hearings;
- 2,964 adjudication decisions issued; and
- Almost all adjudication complaints were process in less than 9 months.
It was also noted by the WRC in their Annual Report than €3.1 million was recovered in wages during this time.
These key metrics should not be easily disregarded by Organisations, and it is evident that Employees today are more, than ever before, cognizant of their rights within the workplace. Employers should be aware of the importance and essential management HR and employment law matters within the workplace to avoid any such potential claims being taken to the WRC.
For queries relating to potential WRC claims, or any HR and employment law matters, contact the team at Adare Human Resource Management – firstname.lastname@example.org / 01 5613594