If there are any specific topics you would like covered in this publication, please forward your suggestions to Adare Human Resources Management:
- Employment Case Law – each month we review a number of interesting employment law cases and consider their implications for organisations. This month we look at the the difference between contractors and employees. Read more >>>
- Workplace Relations Commission (WRC) Decisions – each month we look at and review the decisions from the WRC. This provides a valuable insight into the types of discrimination cases before the WRC and the decisions that are issued. Read more >>>
- What to Keep an Eye Out For – what is new, changing, potentially changing or what you may have missed. Read more >>>
The Parental Leave (Amendment) Act 2019 came into force on the 1st September 2019.
- The entitlement for parental leave has increased from 18 to 22 weeks.
- From 1st September 2020, the entitlement of Parental Leave will increase by a further 4 weeks bringing the total leave available up to 26 weeks.
- Previously parents with children up to 8 years of age were eligible to avail of Parental Leave - this has now been increased to 12 years of age.
- Eligibility in cases of adoption has changed to between 10 and 12 years, previously between 6 and 8 years.